My little family!

Friday, April 29, 2011

Zoo Who??


Last weekend, we took Baby boy to The Audubon Zoo and the Aquarium of the Americas in New Orleans, LA.  It was an absolutely beautiful day - couldn't have been better planned.  Colston enjoyed himself so much, and just loved each animal.  He did though have issues focusing in on the animals that were off in the distant, I guess his eyes aren't strong enough to see that far.  Who knows?? 
This weekend, Colston did so many things for his first time! 
Such As:  Rode a Carosel for the first time, Saw many many animals for the first time, stopped taking his bottle and is drinking out of a sippy cup full time now, First time out of the state of MS, first time ordering him something to eat from a restaurant, and that's all I can think of now!
Here are some pictures we took on our trip.
Gettin' ready to see the Animals!

Colston and Da Da

The Children's Petting Zoo

The Petting Zoo

I know it's hard to see, but he was laughing histerical!

So Cute!

Sunday of corse was Easter Sunday.  I had big plans of taking my sweet boy swimming in my Mom and Dad's pool for the first time, but the weather had other plans!
We did get to put him in the hot tub, turned on a luke warm temp, and let him play in the water for a little while.  What do ya know, Monday AM he wakes up stuffy.  I think his little Cold is just now getting better, thank Goodness, maybe I can start getting some sleep again!
Here are some Easter Weekend pictures.
Easter Sunrise Service Breakfast

The Easter Bunny sure was good to Colston
He got so many goodies!

First time to get in a pool.
Even though it was freezing, he loved it!


Little video of him playing in the water.


This is the life!

Look at my Alligator Mom!
(We bought it at the Zoo)

Big Eyes!

My hubby left Wednesday to go to work in North MS, where all of the tornado's broke loose in that terrible storm that swept through North East MS, onto Northern Alabama, where the death toll is steady rising.  Chris said the devistation is like the coast was when Hurricane Katrina hit us full force.  Still hard for me to wrap my mind around just a storm being able to do so much damage.  Anyhow, he said when it looks like he is making leadway, they move onto another area, and it's worse than where they just were. 
So proud of him, and his hard work that he is giving to help these people get their lives back in "order".
I sincerely am praying for each family that was affected these last few days, and will continue to do so.

Since Chris is working out of town, and his expected date to return is unknown, I am taking Colston on his first road trip today.  We are going to see Aunt Jo, Uncle Paul, Sarah, Clay, and Morgan.  If I have to hear Josi wine about not going to her house another day, I'll scream.  So I figured I'd take advantage of it, and to go her house this weekend.  I am so stoked and excited to be able to go spend some time with them.  Since Colston is growing so much, I knwo Sarah will be excited to play with Colston.  The bigger he gets, the more she loves him.

I'll post pictures of my weekend trip when I get back.  Have a safe and Happy weekend!

*SMILE*



No comments:

Post a Comment