My little family!

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Loving the small stuff...

Welp.  Today's Day 8,  for blog every.single.day.in.May.challenge over @ Story of my Life! 
Today's topic is "A piece of advice you have for others.  Anything at all."  You guys, this one is kinda hard for me.... it took me a while to ponder this topic too.

But the more I thought about it, the one "big" thing that kept coming to me was appreciating the ones you love.  I'm sure your thinking, well I do?  However, While this topic could be very broad I'm sure, mine is on a much smaller level.  "Taking things for granted."  Such as love, relationships, family, normalcy. 

Long story short, my older sister, Chantelle, is 37 years old, and a drug addict.  I never EVER imagined her taking this path in life.  Why would I, she was a normal wife, mother, daughter, sister, and friend to many. 

Looking back past this stage of her life, our relationship was so precious to me, but taken for granted so very much. I just always assumed she would live in her dream home, with her 3 beautiful children, and husband, and would always be there for me and like wise me there for her.  Little did I know 1 decision would alter her life for forever, and rock mine, and my family's lives to the center core. 

Having a drug user in your family is so hard, so emotional, and definitely SO un-predictable. 

Monumental choices have been made in my personal family that I never thought I would have to do, but it's my job as a Mother, and my husbands as a spouse, to make the best decision for US, for my two year old son.  Cutting all ties with her was the hardest things I'd have to do, but I did, because it was better for MY family.  I think it helps me to not see her like "that," too. 

I say all of these things for one reason. TRULY appreciate what you have: relationships, family, love, siblings, laughter, friendships, etc.  It could really be gone in a matter of seconds.  If I could only go back and hold onto every conversation, every hug, every tear, every kiss on the cheek, every minute we spent together, the birth of her youngest baby boy, time spent growing up.  It means the world to me, and until she chooses her family over using, then that's all I have to hold on to. 

I miss her like crazy,
& I  love her more than she'll ever know,
& I always, always will.

Xoxo





One of our many many days spent together. 2008

Me, Chantelle, and Josi  Spending the weekend with me after my miscarriage.  2009
 

Christmas 2009
Momma and Chantelle Christmas 2009



March 2010; Niece's 1st Birthday
My baby Boy Colston with Aunt Telle; March 2011
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment